By buying this iPhone app, you are helping UNICEF’s Believe in Zero Campaign. In return we are giving you some very exclusive content, including Celebrity Portraits, Sharon Corrs new single “It’s Not a Dream” and a collection of stunning UNICEF photography hand picked for this app. Also included is the UNICEF news feed for up-to-date news and projects from UNICEF.
In the last year alone, the number of children dying before their fifth birthday has dropped from 24,000 to 22,000 deaths every day. We are now closer than ever before to the day when zero children die from causes we can prevent.
However the fact that 22,000 children are still dying each day is completely unacceptable. No child — rich or poor — should die from pneumonia, diarrhoea, or malnutrition in the 21st century. These illnesses should no longer claim young lives, when the vaccines, medicines and technologies that can prevent and treat them readily exist. Yet, every day, 22,000 children that could be saved are still dying. Our mission is to do whatever it takes to make that number of children dying every day zero by giving children the essentials for a safe and healthy childhood.
By getting this App you are helping support our Believe in Zero Campaign. UNICEF Ireland’s “Euro for Zero” campaign takes place from the 24 October – 7 November. Our goal is to raise over €1,000,000 in two weeks simply by getting every adult in Ireland to donate €1 each to UNICEF Ireland.
- Exclusive “Believe in Zero” Celebrity portraits including Jedward, Roger Moore, West Life’s Nicky Byrne and Liam Neeson.
- Sharon Corrs new single “It’s Not a Dream”
- A stunning gallery of hand picked photographs from the UNICEF archive, enhanced for the Retina display
- Celebrity Video campaign
- Keep up to date on the latest UNICEF projects and news via in-App news feed
- iOS4 compatible
- All graphics enhanced for the retina display